Sunday, April 12, 2009

They say Imitation...

... is the sincerest form of flattery. Running modified microphones on choppers is nothing new, but after I found this particular model and mated it with the lens from a sporto, I had a new twist on the idea. I like that at first glance it didn't look like a microphone. I toyed with having these cast some time ago, but thought later that I liked it more that they were a little more rare if they were real. I ran one on every bike I've built up to this point, it was sort of, "my thing". Now some cat in Texas is casting them. It's only a matter of time before Taiwan Ted rips this cat off and sells them for 20 bucks a pop and every bagger in town will have one. Oh joy! Oh, by the way, it's a Turner model 22 microphone made in the 50's.





The mounting looks really weak to me.. No doubt it will fall off after 20 or so miles.

5 comments:

  1. Nastys Says!! Ya made it cuz ya wanted to make sumthing different!! He DID it ta make the Jing, the Dinero, the almighty (well used to be) DOLLAR! If it was a metal turd wid a light in da middle that cat woulda tried to sell it!

    An ol man siad once..............He that seeks only the Jing...........will get short changed!

    Another ol man said,.......Takes Money Son!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, it was only a matter of time. sucks. I'm quite sure Taiwan Ted is right around the corner. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like shit with LED's in it. Not to mention it ain't original, both in the idea and the actual mic housing. Yours look better anyway.

    ReplyDelete