Thursday, August 27, 2009

Real Friends

Real friends are those that come around when times are tough, real friends are those that don't blink when you need a hand, real friends never turn their back on you, real friends could care a less about style and trends, real friends are those that help keep you on two wheels.

When I start thinking about the fair weather friends, I look at this photo and it reminds me that the "real" brothers and sisters are still out there.
Two days before the EDR o7 at the old Dogtown shop in Venice, I was finally getting to my own bike after building and tweaking a couple others for the run. In the final hour I was about to say fuck it, it wont get done and that's when 4 dudes came a knocking and worked with me in to the night to get the old Pan fired up! I was so stoked!
I'm so use to always lending a hand I forget what it feels like for people to be selfless and help me out. Joey was the last man standing and waited to see me ride it down the road! High fives and hugs, a tear and a beer. That's a brother! Ray, Joey, Jim, and Chad are good people period! I would give them the shirt off my back if they needed it.

2 comments: