Saturday, March 6, 2010

Tim's Genny

It is easy to get jaded after you've seen things done a million times over. I love the 60's style "club" bikes but most of those bikes built these days say little about the person that built it and more about a long gone era. I dig that too, but I love to see hand made stuff from today that adds that little detail and personality to a retro build. Most 60's style club bikes today are little more than parts assembled. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of work either way, it's just gotten to the point that when you see these bikes it could have been built by anyone of a number of people. A big one for me is, I RARELY see these bikes on the road. Generally it's bar to bar, or house to show.

Not this one though. It is rare to see a bike that is organic, elegantly simple, non ego centric, understated, and sexy all in one. Even more so to look at a bike and say there is "something" about this bike, but I don't know what it is. Yep that's it. Something.

Just plain beautiful bike! Fantastic work Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment