Friday, April 16, 2010

Frankday: Toad's Hooks it Up!

Art work by Alex "Toads" Toader
I've been so preoccupied with work and projects I totally forgot Zappa plays Zappa was in town this week. I was reminded via an email from my good pal Alex Toader. Alex and I worked together many moons ago on some video game projects, he is a very talented artist and a solid cat. Anyhoo.. Alex's mail goes something like this.

"Dude, you want tickets to see Jeff Beck and Zappa plays Zappa?" Me " Uh what? Sure when?" This Saturday night!" he says. Shit monkey?!?! Btw, Alex is not in California. "My good friend works with Dweezel, he says, I'll hook you up." DUDE!?!?!

This kind of stuff is a big deal to me. Not many people go out of there way to just be straight up generous and kind and expect noting in return. He knew I was a fan and just went to it.

Shirt off my back any time Alex. Many thanks!!

1 comment:

  1. I am very happy it worked out buddy! thanks for the props! you are a good friend! and just because its been many moons ago and 1200 miles in between... cannot forget your friends!
    t

    ReplyDelete