Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The 66 version 1

The bike as it was built. Mexico 08.

I had no intentions of painting it, at least not for a while. As luck would have it, the great Michael Lichter was kind enough to invite me to bring the bike to his annual show in Sturgis, so I had Scott Craig paint it. The paint was fantastic, but I felt like it just wasn't me. So I rode the bike all year, put many miles on it till I heard the main bearing starting to go and took that as a sign to tear the bird down. I rebuilt the motor, had Kiyo balance the flywheels for me and the motor is sitting on my shelf waiting for the road. The rest of the bike is parted out and will soon be carrying a 56 Pan.


In the July 2010 issue of Vtwin. Michael shot these in Sturgis 08. The entire experience from Mexico to meeting Michael, then Sturgis was beautiful. Michael has done it all, shot millions of bikes, been around a LONG time, so having him shoot one of my scoots was an honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment