Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The First Cut is Always the Deepest

Another springer it getting the treatment.  I got this original extended springer for Mike D. of Born Loser/Born Free. It was a bit mashed up in spots, lower legs a little bent, had to swap out the stem 7/8 to 1". Can't wait to get it on the bike! Having master fabricator JD's help makes me feel a little better.

 JD measuring up.
 First cut is always the most nerve racking.
 Laying it on JD's wood jig, modified to accept the longer length.
Still lots to do.

3 comments:

  1. damn! I can't believe I missed all that today...
    Cool stuff, my man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn! I can't believe I missed all that today...
    Cool stuff, my man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, we didn't actually get to it till late in the afternoon. Still gotta straighten the legs, make slugs, cut stuff etc.. still a lot to do.

    ReplyDelete