Monday, June 27, 2011

Total Shocker! Siksika wins 1st at BF3 Invite!

I've been reeling over and over about where to start about the entire show and weekend. So, before I offer my perspective on BF3 overall, I needed to get this out of the way.

HOLY MONKEY BALLS!!!

First I was in totally awe that I was even invited to bring my bike for the Builders Invite portion of the show, second, I had no idea there would be a judge portion and awards. At the end of the day I was given a ballott and told to vote for your picks for 1,2,3rd builders show. Shit, how do you do that? All the bikes are so fucking awesome. Oh, you can't vote for yourself either! So, I make my picks and moved on drinking and talking to folks.

Somewhere in the fog I hear my name over the loud speaker, Gilby, Wil, Matt, JD and the rest of the crew are screaming YEAH!!!! I'm like, "What the fuck?" You won!! What?  You won first! What? Stop fucking with me! No mate, really its you, first! 

HOLY SHIT!!

I must have said that ten times! Walter said he wished he had a photo of my face. I am still in shock really! I think I walked up on stage and hugged Grant cause I had no idea where I was suppose to go. It was a fucking blur! I was totally overwhelmed, sincerely overwhelmed.

These where the other builders in the show. I could go on and on about each of them and their love for bikes, the work, the hours of work getting the bikes done. It's fucking insane!!

Every one of these cats I respect, admire and their work inspires me. The fact that some how through the vote I ended up taking first is just astounding to me and I couldn't be more thankful and more humbled than I was at that moment.

Amazing moment I'm not sure how it could get better than that.

Thank you!!!



11 comments:

  1. Told ya ! bad ass to the bone! stoked for ya caleb

    ReplyDelete
  2. strength of concept, hard work, attention to detail, and clarity of execution always shine through. you the man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations, well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely well deserved my man! I have no issue saying that you got my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. RESULT! ... It was inevitable that your skill and attention to detail would get recognized. Richly deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Top pick from the builders, you can't do better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes you get what you deserve.

    ReplyDelete