Sunday, July 1, 2012

2 Times Humbled

I'm at a loss for words at the moment. Yang takes 1st in the BF4 Builders show. I thought that there was no way I could be more shocked than last year, but I was wrong. I am humbled and deeply honored to have even been invited. I admire and respect all the other builders and I know the efforts and hours gone in to their beautiful bikes. It's all a bit surreal at the moment. Having a chance to meet most of the other builders and talk about the process, even learn a little about them personally, was a really enriching time, and I am thankful for that. Trying to pick my favorite 3 bikes was almost impossible. I agonized over it for a hours. To me, riding with all these cats would be so killer!

Full report soon. For now, thanks so much to Mike and Grant and the BF crew. Thanks to Michael Schmidt for hours of sanding and polishing and friendship. Thanks to Matt Gamble for his brain and number crunching. Thanks to my lovely wife for her unfettered love and support.

12 comments:

  1. congratulations man, the bike is great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caleb my little Brother. AWESOME AWESOME, GROOVY any expletive and exclamation you can think of is not adequate to tell you how super happy and proud of you I am! SUPER YINGYANG CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic result mate, well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Caleb! This build of yours, truly deserved it! It was a pleasure meeting you, and your courtesy toward my family and myself will forever be remembered. Thanks for that. You truly are a gent and I look forward to sharing converation with you again. -Shawn - Imperial House

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure Shawn! You have a very nice family. Anytime.

      Delete
  5. Honeslty awards went just they way I felt they should/would for all who won. Congrats !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one Caleb... I look forward to seeing it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So deserved. A beautifully detailed build.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fine example of another perfectly conceived motorcycle.
    Swing arm fever starts here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was cool meeting you in person. I think your a talented dude and want to congradulate you on your bike at the show. that thing is stellar.

    ReplyDelete